Advanced Skippers course for those with good knowledge of sailing and navigation.
15 days at sea, 2 days as skipper, 300 miles, 8 night hours. Boat handling to the standard of Day Skipper and navigation to shorebased Coastal.
- 5 day
- RYA Day Skipper Ticket (upon passing)
- Sailing in Table Bay. Cape Town, South Africa
- Assumed Knowledge: Candidates should have previous sailing experience of at least 100 sea miles and have accumulated 4+ night hours.
- Successful candidates will have the knowledge needed to skipper a yacht on coastal cruises during day and night.
Additional courses that we highly recommend to compliment the Day Skipper Course:
- RYA DIESEL
- RYA RADAR
General Course Information (All Courses)
Students stay on the boat during the multi-day practical courses in order to get a real feel for onboard living. A stipend for essentials (tea, coffee, cereal, milk, etc) is included in the course price. During the theory week and STCW, students have the option of staying at our Academy in the Waterfront.
For practical courses we ask that students bring a sleeping bag, towel, toiletries, change of clothes, and suitable wet weather gear. Sunglasses and sunscreenare also a good idea.
For the theory course students will need a 2B pencils, a pen, a notebook and where possible, their own Portland plotter and dividers (we can also loan to the student). We can also help with the purchase of any of these materials.
For STCW you will need your Passport or ID book on day one of your course. You will also need to wear old clothes for the fire fighting (MFF) element, for Personal Safety Training (PST) you will need swimwear, a towel and a set of clothes to get in the pool with.
- PRACTICAL sailing courses start with a briefing at the school, 11 Portswood Road at 8.30am.
THEORY courses take place at the school and commence at 8.30am
STCW training takes place in the Cape Town foreshore, training starts promptly at 8.30am
STEWARDESS training takes place in Gordon’s Bay and starts Mondays at 9.00am