SAS Day Skipper – Cat C
South Africa Sailing Cat C day skipper course. The course will be conducted over 8 days in order to ensure sufficient miles on board at sea are achieved and a day for SAMSA Short Range radio certificate.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR COURSE INFORMATION PACKS
Day 1: Introduction and communication of what is required including examination preparation.
- Nautical Terms, Vessel construction, Equipment and General Seamanship
- Navigation, Understanding the compass
- Chart familiarisation and Exercises
- Marine environment, weather, tides, currents and anchoring
Day 2: Chartwork exercises
- Radio and Penguin procedure
- Elementary 1st aid
- Buoyage, Lights and collision regulation
- Boat nomenclatures
Day 3: Navigation and chartwork
- Knots and Pyrotechnics
- General Legal Requirements
- Theory revision and Exam preparation
Day 4: Going Sailing
- Practical orientation of sailing vessels.
- Pre-launch and launch procedures. 21Nm at sea. Slipping lines, docking practice, points of sail, man over board drills.
Day 5: Still going Sailing
- Pre-launch and launch procedures. 25 Nm at sea. Slipping lines, docking practice, points of sail, man over board drills.
Day 6: More sailing including 4 night hours and a night Port Entry 35Nm
Day 7: Theory and practical exam. 7hrs