Yachtmaster Theory Course
RYA Yachtmaster Theory involves advanced training for more experienced skippers building on the Day Skipper course.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR COURSE INFORMATION PACKS
This course equips you to navigate safely on coastal and offshore passages. It allows some time for revision of the basics and then moves on to advanced navigation techniques.
The course is relevant to the southern hemisphere – we use a southern hemisphere version of the RYA training materials.
The course is taught over 40 hours with three exam papers. It can be covered as a series of short sessions, as an intensive week-long course, or by distance learning.
Sailing Course topics include:
- position fixing
- course shaping and plotting
- tidal knowledge
- use of almanacs and admiralty publications
- electronic position finding equipment
- taking and interpreting forecasts
- plotting weather systems
- weather predictions using a barometer and by observation
- collision regulations
- customs and excise regulations for cruising abroad